Friday, July 01, 2005

Theme Talk

We're in the 21st century. The world is not the same now as we once knew it to be. Headlines catch our eye. A father robs to pay daughter's tuition fees. Rumours of oil prices going up. Nations are raging wars. You can sense uneasiness in the air as people shuffle their feet along, through the dangerous streets. How do we fit in, in this crazy, stricken world?

Let's get real. Get out of the comforts of your circle. Start a wave of change.

Live it R.E.A.L!

This year's theme for the CF calls for each one of us to take up our position in Christ. To stand together side by side holding up the torch, asking people to come! follow us as we follow Christ. Let's start getting real now.

Raising - Raising up new leaders in CF and raising up a generation of God-fearers and God-seekers.

Enthusiasm - To be enthusiastic in everything that we do without compromising excellence. To also influence others to be excited for what God has called us to do.

Accountability - To learn to be accountable with each other, trusting each other enough to be accountable to each other and to spur each other's spiritual growth.

L ight - To be a light that shines brightly throughout the campus bringing hope and purpose to the people around us. To illuminate joy and love to the campus, making a difference.

The theme on its own means to live life real - to be real to ourselves, realizing the reality of events that are taking place around us, to stop being engrossed with our own problems, and take up our position as Christ's real followers.

Can we do it? Sure we can. But history dictates that we can't. History always repeats itself. Perhaps. That's why we have to focus. And make this theme really ours.

"I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection! But I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ Jesus saved me for and wants me to be. No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven. I hope all of you who are mature Christians will agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you."

Phillippians 3:12-15


Are you ready?


-passerby contributor-